Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Salmon Wednesday



Dinner - Baked Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Double Baked Potato (Serves 2)


2 salmon fillets
2 potatoes
1/2 head of cabbage
1-2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
1-2 tsp lemon juice
seasoning (chives, parsley, ground black pepper)
grated cheese (optional)

Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on the salmon fillets, season with pepper, parsley, chives and wrap each fillet up in aluminum foil. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.

Cut the 1/2 head of cabbage in half. Steam in a pot for 20 minutes (or until tender). Slice up the cabbage before serving for ease.

I cheat and bake the potatoes in the microwave in a steam bag for 4 minutes. Then I place them in a bowl of cold water so I can handle them without burning my hands. I slice each potato almost in half (more like slice 1/3 off lengthwise) and scoop out the inside to mash up. I add some chives and 1 tsp butter to the mash and then refill the potato skin. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and place in oven (turned off but still really hot) for a few minutes.

No comments: