Sunday, February 14, 2010

6 Weeks

It has been six weeks since I started this project slow-food... whole, organic food that is cooked at home, not at a restaurant or sealed in a package. I've learned that broadening my palate wasn't as difficult as I thought, nor finding the patience and time (or rather energy) to hone my cooking (and more importantly, prepping) skills.

In six weeks I've lost 18 lbs, just by changing what and the way I eat. I have lost one pant size and one shirt size. I can tell I'm actually losing fat and not muscle because the first part of me that started disappearing was my belly. Amazing. I have more energy than I can remember ever having. I can jog up the stairs to our apartment and not be winded like I used to be. I don't get as many headaches as I used to either. I can tell when I'm full and I can tell when I'm actually hungry. This project is undoing almost 31 years of poor eating habits learned by myself and from family and learning new, healthier habits and skills...although I wish I had gotten to this point a long time ago, I'm glad I've reached it, period.

No comments: